What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weather

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here comes the COLD....
75c00a47e186b1f8b066af2cd9fb7f24.jpg

Sent from my Gold iPad Air2 using Tapatalk
Wow, that is starting to get a bit chilly there! May be a good idea to take a vacation break in Los Angeles.:confused:
Andrew

Spencerdl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow, that is starting to get a bit chilly there! May be a good idea to take a vacation break in Los Angeles.:confused:
Andrew
I was thinking the same thing [emoji4]

Sent from my GOLD [emoji390][emoji641]s
using Tapatalk

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The OB, That fire looks bad. I don't know why these things happen. We had a monster flood on the east coast back in 06 that changed many peoples lives forever including mine. Here's a pic of a creek that runs right through my front yard that was nothing more than a nice little creek about 4feet deep. Overnight when I awoke after the last night of pounding rain, like I have never seen before, this creek was 30feet deep and almost 3 times as wide. I will never forget that morning!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 255

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The OB, That fire looks bad. I don't know why these things happen. We had a monster flood on the east coast back in 06 that changed many peoples lives forever including mine. Here's a pic of a creek that runs right through my front yard that was nothing more than a nice little creek about 4feet deep. Overnight when I awoke after the last night of pounding rain, like I have never seen before, this creek was 30feet deep and almost 3 times as wide. I will never forget that morning!
I suppose we shouln't blame mother nature for everything. There is strong suspicion that our fires were started by a guy, obviously a few bricks short of a load, lighting an incinerator on a prohibited day with a level labelled "catastrophic". Police are investigating.
Floods are something else again. I can see how a raging flooded creek like that could be very worrying for you. I hope the effect was not too harmful and long lasting for you:oops:
Andrew

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's the local weather where I live.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Nothing like the danger in South Australia but plenty cold enough.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's the local weather where I live. View attachment 62248View attachment 62249
Nothing like the danger in South Australia but plenty cold enough.
Oh man! Plenty cold enough.....in spades!! I can't imagine stepping out of the house into that. If you did that would you wear any covering over your face? I mean, I read how that kind of cold can freeze the moisture in the skin and can be quite painful.
Andrew

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh man! Plenty cold enough.....in spades!! I can't imagine stepping out of the house into that. If you did that would you wear any covering over your face? I mean, I read how that kind of cold can freeze the moisture in the skin and can be quite painful.
Andrew
It's quite easy to get frostbite if you don't wear enough clothing in extreme cold. Fortunately I've never suffered from frostbite because I dress for the weather.

If you want to experience the cold of a Canadian winter you could visit the walk in freezer at your local grocery store.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks ski, we're advised it's all "95% contained" and the recent rains definitely helped with that. But now we're told the rains in the next two days will be so severe in the mid-north of the state that people should prepare for severe floods. The emergency services crews are now forgetting fire fighting and are preparing sand bags for certain towns.
Mother nature has sure got it in for South Australia:eek:.
Andrew

Oh my gosh, seriously? Gosh you guys certainly need a break very soon! I hope the rain passes and/or not as predicted. Stay safe!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's quite easy to get frostbite if you don't wear enough clothing in extreme cold. Fortunately I've never suffered from frostbite because I dress for the weather.

If you want to experience the cold of a Canadian winter you could visit the walk in freezer at your local grocery store.

Or come and visit Michigan. This morning we had a high of 3 degrees Farenheit.

Most reactions

Latest posts