What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weather

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to some, slightly, better weather this week.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417486613.442479.jpg

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to some, slightly, better weather this week.

View attachment 61518

We have had really nice weather here too...warmer than usual and I welcome it! By the way...don't you just love your Dark Sky App? I got it free about a year ago and it is one of my go to weather apps. It's eerily accurate with rain or snow alerts...almost within minutes of the alert. How is that possible? LOL!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
We have had really nice weather here too...warmer than usual and I welcome it! By the way...don't you just love your Dark Sky App? I got it free about a year ago and it is one of my go to weather apps. It's eerily accurate with rain or snow alerts...almost within minutes of the alert. How is that possible? LOL!

They use live weather radar data, wind direction/speed, plus your GPS location. I've found the Rain Aware app to be a bit more accurate, and it makes longer predictions; but the Dark Sky app is definitely prettier, and unlike Rain Aware you get notifications and a widget.

I have four weather apps on my iPhone and/or iPad. I haven't found one I like well enough to delete all the others; though Dark Sky comes close.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a picture from my country
image.jpg

ZAMG

Not here, but in Lower Austria and other parts of Burgenland. They had freezing rain and/or fog with wind the last two days, and this is one of the results.

It's still raining here,and the temperatures are the same as before.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a picture from my country
View attachment 61546
ZAMG

Not here, but in Lower Austria and other parts of Burgenland. They had freezing rain and/or fog with wind the last two days, and this is one of the results.

It's still raining here,and the temperatures are the same as before.
Very nice picture. I've never seen horizontal icicles before, there must have been quite a sustained wind to create that effect.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very nice picture. I've never seen horizontal icicles before, there must have been quite a sustained wind to create that effect.
Certainly, or else they wouldn't be that way. I'm not informed about the wind speed the last days, though.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
They use live weather radar data, wind direction/speed, plus your GPS location. I've found the Rain Aware app to be a bit more accurate, and it makes longer predictions; but the Dark Sky app is definitely prettier, and unlike Rain Aware you get notifications and a widget.

I have four weather apps on my iPhone and/or iPad. I haven't found one I like well enough to delete all the others; though Dark Sky comes close.

I will need to look at Rain aware...I've not heard of that one. Thanks for the letting me know.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I will need to look at Rain aware...I've not heard of that one. Thanks for the letting me know.

No problem. I think it's an iPhone app, so it will look pretty cruddy on an iPad. Even the iPhone 6 Plus makes it look sad. But it still does the job.

Edit. Just checked, and it is iPhone. It's also been without an update for almost a year, which isn't encouraging.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No problem. I think it's an iPhone app, so it will look pretty cruddy on an iPad. Even the iPhone 6 Plus makes it look sad. But it still does the job.

Edit. Just checked, and it is iPhone. It's also been without an update for almost a year, which isn't encouraging.

I just checked Rain Aware and you're right...its only on the iPhone. I do like the way it is formatted with the map/radar, however, not encouraged that it hasn't had an update in almost a year. I believe that Dark Sky has had a few write up reviews along with at least 2 recent updates within the last several months-to make it compatible for the new iPhones. I don't have the new iPhone ...yet, but do have the iPad air 2 and it looks great! :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I just checked Rain Aware and you're right...its only on the iPhone. I do like the way it is formatted with the map/radar, however, not encouraged that it hasn't had an update in almost a year. I believe that Dark Sky has had a few write up reviews along with at least 2 recent updates within the last several months-to make it compatible for the new iPhones. I don't have the new iPhone ...yet, but do have the iPad air 2 and it looks great! :)

Yep. Dark Sky has recent updates. It looks fantastic on the iPhone 6 Plus. At least one of the screenshots I posted here was from the iPhone. Which makes sense. I'm far more likely to check the weather on my iPhone than on my iPad.

Spencerdl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Rainy Day.... Good sleeping weather
9941c67072f92df882170de12f594809.jpg

890ae22e7fa7376d4af0acdaa42505ea.jpg

BeWeather2 with a Custom USMC Emblem weather set
Sent from my Gold iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts