What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Way to prevent emailing my contacts from apps?

jcallaway22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

So here is my conundrum...my near 4-year old son loves my iPad (who blames him), but sometimes he hits a button within certain apps, like 'email your score' or 'suggest this app to friends' and it brings up an email prompt for my entire contact list! At one point, he was one click away from sending this email to hundreds of my contacts. How can I disable this? Is there even a way? I don't want to disable my email. I supervise what he is doing on the ipad, but sometimes the prompts come up so quick.
Thank you for any tips you may have!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Two things that might help.

You're probably not doing anything with him that needs internet access. So go into your settings and turn off the Wi-Fi and 3G. Or you could just go into Airplane mode while you let him play with it, that will turn off all radios including the Wi-Fi and 3G.

If he does manage to send something it will be stuck in your outbox in Mail until you reconnect to the internet. Just go there and delete it before you go back online.

A second thing you can do, though it will be inconvenient for you, is to place your Mail and other sensitive apps in a folder, then place the folder on a screen he will probably not use. It will give you a couple of chances to catch and stop him, once when he goes to a page that doesn't have any of his apps on it, and then again when he opens the folder.

Of course this makes it a bigger pain for you to use your apps.

Most reactions

Latest posts