What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wats app on ipad 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to know this too, it says online its an iPad compatible app but it does not show in the UK app store, however everyone I know with an iPhone has this app?
It's not even available under iPhone apps when searching with my iPad.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The WhatsApp is a cross-platform mobile messaging app for texting on a phone. On their web site - the developers say there is no support for iPad or iPods at this time (read: if it ain't a phone - it ain't working).

You can install WhatsApp on an iPad after you jail break the iPad and install a tweak or two on the iPad that will allow you to download the app. This is not a trivial process and I've read m any posts where jail breakers have issues [also].

Bottom line: WhatsApp is not designed for the iPad and cannot be installed on a stock iPad.

As this issue has been brought up many times here - this particular thread is closed. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts