What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watch movies on my Ipad2

Reaction score
Is there an IPad app that lets you convert movies off your computer and store the movie right away on your ipad? I have air video but I don't like having to always hook up the ipad to the computer to sync movies.

I leave my computer off most of the day, so I would prefer to have the files on the ipad ready to view.

Air video converts the movies, but it stores the converted film on the PC which doesn't help me as the computer will be off.

There must be an app that converts and stores the converted file right on the ipad.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too have an airstash and love it, granted right now biggest card you can use is 32GB, but that is an extra 32GB for movies, music and pics.

dssxxxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
screw anyone.

I have a dozen movies on my 64 Gig iPads and regularly stream video to them (Netflix) as well. Coupled with all the books, apps, photos, and music I have plenty of room remaining for another dozen or two videos on the iPad but really, how many do you need to keep on it at once? Just hot synch them in or out whenever you want to.

You mention synch them in and out. I would imagine you cannot just delete, like on a PC? Or can you?

dssxxxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dssxxxx said:
You mention synch them in and out. I would imagine you cannot just delete, like on a PC? Or can you?

You can delete movies the same way you delete apps, by pressing onto the movie for a few seconds and then select the 'x'.

That will delete the movie from the iPad completely so it will not take up any GB?

Correct?

Thanks.

dssxxxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As the newbie I am..............how do you backup movies from iTunes?

I would imagine that after watching the movie, I would not want to watch it again but I do watch re-runs on TV or I might be inclined to do so on the iPad.

Reaction score
My last comment is only relevant, if you purchase a movie directly on the iPad.

If you buy the movie on your desktop and then sync over to the iPad, or just rent the movie, you can safely delete the movie from your iPad.

Anyway, iTunes automatically syncs over all bought movies, when you connect the iPad to your pc/Mac.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you want to watch movies in safari, you might find this site of some use

http://mediamp4.com/blog/

Any movie can be found on that site...only bad thing is that most of them are in parts...but it works without a hitch

Most reactions

Latest posts