1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Wanted: Personal finance app that does not include budgeting

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by davidinvirginia, Sep 9, 2012.

1. davidinvirginia

davidinvirginia iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I currently keep track of my income and expenses with an Excel spreadsheet on my Macbook. I do this because I do not want or need a budget feature. Just income and spending tracking. Is there an App for the iPad that does the same thing? It doesn't have to sync with my Mac.
  2. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    One of the most popular expense apps is called Mint, which has a budgeting feature, but I'm guessing there's no reason you'd have to use the budgeting part if you don't want to. (I don't use it, so I can't say for sure.)
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,913 / 1
    Or you could use one of the several office compatible apps, even Numbers (iWork's spreadsheet app), and keep on using the same spreadsheets.
  4. DefBref

DefBref iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    I use account tracker, it's a simple income/outgoings tracker. I've found it invaluable for keeping track of my expenses.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,913 / 1
    Looks nice. More than I need, but tempting anyway. It doesn't look like it has true syncing between iOS devices though; just shared backups via iCloud or DropBox. If I'm wrong and it does, that could easily change my mind.
  6. DefBref

DefBref iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    The author has promised full iCloud syncing and he's pretty good with his updates. But your right, at the moment you have to manually copy between devices.
  7. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,913 / 1
    I'll try to keep an eye on it then. It's what I call a good intentions app, meaning I'll probably forget to use it once I've tackled the challenge of setting it up the way I want. ;)