What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

want to download movies on ipad to watch on cruise

njsonja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i'm new to all of this....can anyone recommend a way to do this for a technologically impaired person? <smile>

thanks!

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Purchase them from the iTunes store to download direct to your iPad, or burn your DVD collection onto the iPad.

Downloading from iTunes is easypeezy, ripping your own dvd's for the un-technical is slightly more difficult.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i'm new to all of this....can anyone recommend a way to do this for a technologically impaired person? <smile>

thanks!
Welcome to the forum! As sjleworthy says, renting movies from iTunes is the easiest, quickest way to have an instant movie library that you can watch at your leisure. We download three or four whenever we travel to watch on the plane, etc.

Rented movies stay on your iPad for 30 days but you have to finish within 24 hours after you start watching them.

You can download them straight to your iPad by opening the iTunes App and tapping on "Movies" in the toolbar at the bottom. You can also download movies to iTunes on your computer and then sync them with your iPad. More here:

How to rent a movie from the iTunes Store on your computer

iTunes Store: Movie rental frequently asked questions (FAQ)

Apple - iTunes - Browse the top movie rental downloads

Hope that helps, welcome again and enjoy your cruise!

bw1128

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or you could d/l unlit downloads from the AppStore and YouTube how to get movies in it. I watch a ton of movies on it. It's my favorite app ever! Also works on iPhone too.

Ruffrob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or if you can't get enough of movies,you can obtain a Go Flex Satelite,which is a wireless 500 GB hard drive that you upload MP4 movies(The Ipad standard) to it,and are able to retrieve them on your Ipad. The device is somewhat pricey from where I got mine from($200,Best buy),but as luck would have it,i found it for less here,right after I bought it...look up Go Flex Satelite on Ebay,there is one there for $159.....Works well,and,more importantly ,you are able to overcome the space limitation of your Ipad...

OP
N

njsonja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you for all your helpful answers....am i correct that after i download the movie, i do not need wifi/internet to watch it? that would cost a fortune on a cruise..i can download the movies before i leave....please let me know! thanks again!

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
njsonja said:
thank you for all your helpful answers....am i correct that after i download the movie, i do not need wifi/internet to watch it? that would cost a fortune on a cruise..i can download the movies before i leave....please let me know! thanks again!

Yes, once they are on your iPad you can watch them without wifi.

Never, never, never give up -- Winston Churchill

Toni73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There isn't one ~ and if there is one might think you are wanting to not pay for them.

Read the rules!

Edited by Moderator ~

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't bother they will be crap quality and boring........
Live a little
You get what you pay for........
Are you in a BBC I player zone Its the best investment to watch quality shows while away.
Down load first then watch at your leisure while away!
Enjoy

ajoyth01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes Store offers thousands of movies for you to rent including HD movies.most users prefer to sync their movie collections from iTunes library to iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts