What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movies on ipad

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What apps can i download to watch movies on ipad 3?

Meaning Apps like Crackle to watch free movies from their site?

I use Crackle a lot. It's nice because there's a wide variety of shows and movies to choose from. You just have to make sure you Gabe an Internet connection to watch the movie though.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to: Acessories, Help, Apple News, Hacking, Gaming, Business/Education, Special Needs and Health.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
Connecting to the iTunes Store.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Menneisyys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Movie format's in AVI!

Then, it might contain either ASP or MSMPEG4 video. For that, I recommend one of the following players:

ProPlayer ProPlayer - the video player for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Oplayer HD by olimsoft OPlayer HD for iPad on the iTunes App Store
GPlayer by Ginkgo Tech GPlayer for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad on the iTunes App Store
AVPlayerHD by EPLAYWORKS.Co.Ltd. AVPlayerHD for iPad on the iTunes App Store
GoodPlayer by Hustmobile GoodPlayer for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad on the iTunes App Store - if and only if the video isn't full HD!
XBMC if you're jailbroken

My personal pick of all these is AVPlayerHD by EPLAYWORKS.Co.Ltd.

Wineinger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally I use Azul it'll download/stream using the native browser or you can use the browser that's embedded I the app it's self.

Menneisyys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally I use Azul it'll download/stream using the native browser or you can use the browser that's embedded I the app it's self.

I'd myself stay away from Azul for MSMPEG4 / ASP content. Its decoder is one of the worst. If you "only" play back SD movies, this will "only" result in higher CPU usage compared to any players in my list; at HD resolutions, already completely unwatchable playback.

Most reactions

Latest posts