What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want to buy an iPad 2. Not sure if the website is legit.

Confucioux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

A few days ago I found a website that is selling cheap iPads 2 50% off. It's cellularintelligence.net
The thing is that I'm not sure if they are legit or not. I couldn't find anything about that company on google (was looking for fraud infos). I was wondering if someone could confirm it for me before I decide to buy it from them. Thanks!

kitkat3709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Confucioux said:
Hi guys,

A few days ago I found a website that is selling cheap iPads 2 50% off. It's cellularintelligence.net
The thing is that I'm not sure if they are legit or not. I couldn't find anything about that company on google (was looking for fraud infos). I was wondering if someone could confirm it for me before I decide to buy it from them. Thanks!

I would stay away from anything like that (50 percent off). Usually some kind of scam.

Sent from my iPad2 32 3G Black :)

IphoneKing87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have bought two iPhones from this website and they have always delievered. My cuz just ordered a iPad from them last week and just got it in yesterday! I knew about this site along time ago. They are legit for sure, i plan on getting the iPhone 5 and iPad 3 from them when they come out.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, just checked out that website - certainly looks legitimate but cannot believe their pricing on the iPads, e.g. I have an iPad2 Wi-Fi 32 GB - the cost at that website is just $349 (trying to determined if the iPad is a refurbished one and what the warranty may be?).

Now the same 'refurbished' iPad2 from the Apple Store is $499 (HERE), only a $100 savings - hard to believe but will keep my eye on this thread for further comments - my wife keeps 'eyeing' my iPad - :D

Penanko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you ever buy the Ipad? I am in the same situation as you and I am concerned about the legitimacy of this site.  Please let me know any information you have about them. Much obliged.

OP
Confucioux

Confucioux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm waiting for iPad 3 to come out. Hopefully the price on this website will be reduced as well. Will keep u guys informed.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF 

IphoneKing87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just checking in to let you guy's know that my brother-in-law ordered a Factory Unlocked iPhone 4S from there website on Friday Feb 3rd. They recieved his payment on Wednesday Feb 7th. It was was delievered to his house yesterday. It was brand new, factory sealed and was exactly what he ordered! So far that is 3 people that i know that have ordered from there website and all 3 people have recieved there order's. Seems legit to me! :D

OP
Confucioux

Confucioux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sweet! Thx for the update iPhoneking87!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF 

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I looked at the site and on the front it looks ok I suspect they are shipping out of china direct but cannot confirm. Only users whom have purchase would know where the product was shipped from. One just has to be careful when you see deals like this as the products are under cost.

EvilMonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't trust anything like this. But apparently iPhoneKing87 joined this forum today just to post in this thread twice about how great the site is and happens to have ordered from them and knows 3 other people who coincidentally have also, with one even receiving it yesterday, defying all odds of miraculous timing!

Yeah, sorry....I would give it a pass. A very wide berth. You know the old saying: if it's too good to be true, you're just being paranoid so be sure to give them your credit card because everyone's on the up-and-up and there are no scams on the internet.

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't risk it... Just buy one from retail. Seems all too fishy and the 3 hasn't come out yet. If they are legit, I question if those are refurbished. If so, I still question how they are managing to sell a refurb for that cheap...

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kitkat3709 said:
I would stay away from anything like that (50 percent off). Usually some kind of scam.

Sent from my iPad2 32 3G Black :)

If this is a good reliable place to purchase then go ahead.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I will be straight to the point dealer margins are about 5% sometimes retailers will discount 10% but rare as they loose even major retailers like best buy may get an extra 2 points but that is it.. So how can this on line site sell at 40-50% off and survive. Some times when you order on line you are in fact invoiced for hong kong and you become the importer plus responsible for GST or sales tax. As far as I am concerned the red flag is up and unless I receive more information about this site I would be very very careful before parting with my funds. It is possible they are in fact refurbished iPads which makes more sense. This is my personal opinion only.

Most reactions

Latest posts