Want to buy an iPad 2. Not sure if the website is legit.

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Confucioux, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Confucioux

Confucioux
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys,

A few days ago I found a website that is selling cheap iPads 2 50% off. It's cellularintelligence.net
    The thing is that I'm not sure if they are legit or not. I couldn't find anything about that company on google (was looking for fraud infos). I was wondering if someone could confirm it for me before I decide to buy it from them. Thanks!

2. kitkat3709

kitkat3709
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I would stay away from anything like that (50 percent off). Usually some kind of scam.

Sent from my iPad2 32 3G Black :)

3. IphoneKing87

IphoneKing87
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I have bought two iPhones from this website and they have always delievered. My cuz just ordered a iPad from them last week and just got it in yesterday! I knew about this site along time ago. They are legit for sure, i plan on getting the iPhone 5 and iPad 3 from them when they come out.

4. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Monger

Thanks Received:
    Well, just checked out that website - certainly looks legitimate but cannot believe their pricing on the iPads, e.g. I have an iPad2 Wi-Fi 32 GB - the cost at that website is just $349 (trying to determined if the iPad is a refurbished one and what the warranty may be?).

Now the same 'refurbished' iPad2 from the Apple Store is $499 (HERE), only a $100 savings - hard to believe but will keep my eye on this thread for further comments - my wife keeps 'eyeing' my iPad - :D

5. Penanko

Penanko
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Did you ever buy the Ipad? I am in the same situation as you and I am concerned about the legitimacy of this site.  Please let me know any information you have about them. Much obliged.

6. Confucioux

Confucioux
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'm waiting for iPad 3 to come out. Hopefully the price on this website will be reduced as well. Will keep u guys informed.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF 

7. IphoneKing87

IphoneKing87
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Just checking in to let you guy's know that my brother-in-law ordered a Factory Unlocked iPhone 4S from there website on Friday Feb 3rd. They recieved his payment on Wednesday Feb 7th. It was was delievered to his house yesterday. It was brand new, factory sealed and was exactly what he ordered! So far that is 3 people that i know that have ordered from there website and all 3 people have recieved there order's. Seems legit to me! :D

8. Confucioux

Confucioux
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Sweet! Thx for the update iPhoneking87!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF 

9. col.bris

col.bris
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I looked at the site and on the front it looks ok I suspect they are shipping out of china direct but cannot confirm. Only users whom have purchase would know where the product was shipped from. One just has to be careful when you see deals like this as the products are under cost.

10. candy183

candy183
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:

I agree with your thoughts! I think the iPad is not very reliable to buy online.