What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Videos to Ipad without itunes

Status
Not open for further replies.

olivertimm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for a solution to get my converted movies and pictures on my Ipad without importing them into my itunes library. I know there are a lot of paid apps around but I am looking for a free app.

I tried phoneview but I don't find the path on the ipad where the videos and pics are stored. Does anybody know this path or has even a better solution?

I have a Mac and my ipad is jb

Thanks a lot for any help

lumberjak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The default video and pictures app by Apple will not allow a cut and paste from the folders. Itunes has a sneaky way of making you sync via your main computer in order to load them on. Sorta lame, especially for pics and personal videos (I can understand movies/video for copyright reasons).

Personally I use iFile off Cydia or iPhoneBrowser if not jailbroken. With iFile on my iPad I use the camera connection kit to load new movies/pics or if no kit use a Wifi transfer. Then on the iPad I use iFile to play Mp4's and either Oplayer/YxPlayer or the new CineXplayer to play all .avi movies (and other formats). Personally i still prefer Oplayer over CineXplayer which everyone is all hyped about for some reason.

As far a images there is no good substitute for the Apple photo app, but I'm sure over time there will be. If there was I'd use iFile again.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use GoodReader in special cases. It's not free ($1) but you may already have it anyway. Just drag it in there with the free GoodReaderUSB PC app.

OP
O

olivertimm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the answers. I am using CineXplayer for the movies and goodreader for the rest now.

Works well for me.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts