What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video playlists - not possible? Is there an App for that?

trale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems that Apple in its infinite wisdom chose not to implement/allow video playlists natively on the iPad. I've had to rely on patchy work-arounds to get some semblance of playlist functionality.

I won't hold my breath for Apple to get its act together, and I'll probably jailbreak my iPad soon. Is there an App (jailbreak-required or not) that handles video playlists nicely?

steppinwolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to see no responses to this issue. I have the same wish and I'm pretty sure thousands of others do (if not millions), so why has Apple left playlist functionality out of it's YouTube app? :confused:

Fischeraa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an app called video playlist, and it let's you create music video playlists. I am pretty sure they have a free version too. I hope this helps!

~Andrea (iPad Addict)

neeharc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's an app called Soundbox for Youtube which does just that. What's better is that it has an music player like interface(almost like iTunes) for Youtube.

steppinwolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking back at this thread, I think the OP is talking about the iPad Video app needing playlists NOT the YouTube app. Being an iPad newbie at the time, I didn't realize the YouTube app does handle playlists—it's on the favorites page, but doesn't appear on the bottom function bar.

The YouTube app could use some improvements, such as the ability to rename subscriptions. I don't know if apps like Soundbar for YouTube can manage subscriptions, but all this appears to be off-topic for this thread. If so, my apologies.

Disappointment

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems that Apple in its infinite wisdom chose not to implement/allow video playlists natively on the iPad. I've had to rely on patchy work-arounds to get some semblance of playlist functionality.

I won't hold my breath for Apple to get its act together, and I'll probably jailbreak my iPad soon. Is there an App (jailbreak-required or not) that handles video playlists nicely?

Go to this page, i posted there about a temporary remedy i found while Waiting for Apple to enable playlist in video app. Read posts #15, 16. I hope it helps.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/49685-no-video-playlists-ios-5-a-2.html

Syneric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After lots of searching, I found a video player that's free and can do play list for video. I only tested it with mp4, but I guess would probably work for other video types.
The name of the app is GPlayer.
Once you installed it, You need to bring up itune and click on your iPad.
== To do in ITune ==
Select "Apps" in the ipad tab. Scroll down to bottom, you should see File Sharing.
In the "Apps" section you should see "GPlayer".
Click the "Add..." button to your right. This should let you add the mp4 that you want.
After adding all your files, it should sync with your iPad.
== To do in your IPad ==
Launch the "GPlayer" app, now you should see all the mp4 added.
In Settings, select "Repeat Mode = Repeat All"
Click the first video/song choose "software decoding" it should start playing, then will continue to the next and so forth.

Unfortunately this is a free app, so it comes with a small Ad on top, it's quite small and for me is livable. Unless you want to upgrade to the full version..

===
One other thing, the sorting of video is automatically alphabetically, which isn't always what you want. I renamed all my video songs starting with "1a song name", "1b song name", "1c song name"... it orders it nicely. If you have more than 26 video songs, you can do "2a song name", "2b song name", etc...

bandaloop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a new app Joobik Video Playlist Player on the app store which lets you play video playlists synced from iTunes on the iPad. Just run a search for "Joobik Video Playlist Player" on the app store.

Cenis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for for the info on video playlist. I have downloaded it and find it works very well. Thanks again. Cenis

Most reactions

Latest posts