What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

video editor for iPad?

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like iMovie, tho it’s limited. I have used FCP on the Mac. Is there a video editor for iPad that’s closer in power to the FCP end of the spectrum?

I’m not after toys and built-in “looks;” I want editing power and control, more tracks.

thank you for any clues!

OP
P

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
thank you. is there something about iOS that makes multi-track video editors hard to create?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, until recently, I doubt iPads had the power to support a good multi-track video editor. More recently I’d guess that companies with the resources to tackle what would be a big and probalby expensive project like this don’t see enough profit to make it worth their while.

With the new iPad Pros, and Apple pushing to present the iPad Pros as a profesional tool, that might change. But I doubt it will be this year, or even next.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, it looks like I was wrong. I ran accross an article today that refered to a YouTube video of someone testing multi-track video editing on the iPad Pro. The app used was LumaFusion.

LumaFusion by Luma Touch LLC
‎LumaFusion

The video is by Jonathan Morrison

Obviously I have no experience with this app; but I did notice the description says the app will do 3 video/audio tracks and 3 additional audio tracks. Not super powerful, but it might do the job for you. The apps is about $20, which is cheap for a professional app, but still merits some research before layng down the bucks.

I’m off to watch the YouTube video myself.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just finished watching the video. I didn’t understand half of the things being talked about, but still cool. I don’t think he used more than two tracks; one video/audio and one audio.

Most reactions

Latest posts