What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video brightness

Vett

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there a way to edit the brightness of a video I took its way to light and I'd like to make it a little darker. I know I can do it with photos but can't figure it with videos

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Luma Fusion probably. I’m not sure. Probably too expensive for tweaking just one video.

iMovie can apply filters. The Camo and Dreamy filters seem to lighten things a bit, though the overall effect may not be to your liking.

I search in the app store for video effects might turn something up.

I believe the upcoming iPadOS has some extended video editing in the Photos app. It is supposed to include most of the editing tools already available for photographs. So maybe you’ll be able to do it in the Fall.

BikeFlagAZ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The native Photos app will do it easily. Just tap Edit, then the icon that looks like a dial with dots around it. You then get the same tools as for editing photos. Just run down the Exposure and tap Done. You can also change just the shadows/highlights/contrast etc. if needed.

Edit: just realized the OP is old, but still useful to know.

Last edited:

Most reactions