Using iPhone to remote control the iPad

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by seaturtle, Sep 2, 2013.

1. seaturtle

seaturtle
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I love the iPad. It's small and light and the screen is fantastic. It's great for giving presentations. Except that it's not often that the audience is sitting beside you in a business setting. Is there an app that will allow me to control the iPad with my iPhone so that I can turn the iPad screen to the audience and see what I am doing on my iPhone? No? Why not? Yes? Do tell.

2. DocPhyz

DocPhyz
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Seaturtle --
    If you're showing a Keynote presentation, or a PPT, using Keynote on your iPad, just get Keynote Remote in the App Store, install it on your iPhone, then enable it in Keynote. You'll have remote control and a built-in "laser" pointer. If you use a external display, you can also see presenter notes on the iPad.

Good luck.

3. erase

erase
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I, too, want to be able to control my ipad video via a remote iphone app.
    I have a sensory deprivation tank and want to install an ipad inside to show video.
    But, I can't be inside the tank and want to select and trigger the start of the video
    from outside the tank. Any thoughts?

4. LannyC

LannyC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    There are apps that turn an iPad into a second monitor for a Mac or PC, connected by USB cable. Run your content on your computer, and send its display to the iPad.