What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

User Guide

RHMurray

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I'm new to the IPad Forum. My hubby gave me a IPad to play with for my birthday, which is tomorrow. I really need a User Guide to get me started. I love computers and he hates them! Yet, he continues to give me a new laptop and now a new IPad! Go figure! My Grandaughter got me logged in to ITunes and now I don't know my Password! Is this crazy or what! Help me if you can! Nice to meet all of you........I'm a Mississippi girl!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

You can get a pdf version of the iPad User's Guide at Apple's support site, along with a couple other manuals that might help. And of course the support site isn't completely useless. Just click on the Manual icon and get the most recent version.

Apple - Support - iPad

You can also download the iPad Users Guide from the iBooks Store. Get the iBooks app from the App Store, and visit/search the book store from in the app. Both book and app are free.

Another free book you can get in the iBooks store is MacWorlds iPad 2 Starter Guide.

In the Apps Store there is an app from AppAdvice.com called AppStart for iPad. It was free last time I checked and worth browsing through.

That should give you a day or so of reading and playing around. :D

woolglass2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RHMurray said:
Hi! I'm new to the IPad Forum. My hubby gave me a IPad to play with for my birthday, which is tomorrow. I really need a User Guide to get me started. I love computers and he hates them! Yet, he continues to give me a new laptop and now a new IPad! Go figure! My Grandaughter got me logged in to ITunes and now I don't know my Password! Is this crazy or what! Help me if you can! Nice to meet all of you........I'm a Mississippi girl!

You are going to enjoy your IPad....Please ask any question. We appear to be around the same age (granddaughter and all)and I am pretty well versed in IPad/speak. There are great user tutorials on line and on the Apple website. anyhow...Ask away. :)

HedgeHogLuvva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RHMurray said:

Keep trying, eventually it will say you have tried too many times, and then give you the option to reset it

Hedgie - Mmm Cali Lewis!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Somehow I missed the part about forgetting the password.

Open iTunes on the computer. In the top right conner there will be a Sign In button (or your account name). If it says sign in, then you can click on it and get the following dialog.

forgot.jpg

If you click the Forgot Password button it will give you a couple of ways to get your password reset. If you are already signed in try to open your account by clicking on the account name. If you fail to enter the right password it will eventually give you a Forgot Password option in the dialog.

If I remember right (it's been a while since I had to do this for Apple) it will send a temporary password to your email address. You use that to log in and then change your password to something you'd prefer. There are several ways and places that you might end up needing your password. Most of them will offer this option, eventually if not right off.

Most reactions

Latest posts