1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

USB Hub

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Xao, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Xao

Xao iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My old 7-Port USB hub just died and I'm getting ready to replace it with a new one. Before I do, I wanted to see if anyone here has seen any new HUB's that have at least one High-Powered port in order to charge the iPad while I sync it.

Can't seem to find any. I find a lot of 3-AMP power supplies, but they always note that they don't supply more than 500Ma's of power to each port.

Thanks
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    You won't find any because the USB2 specification states 500 mA. The most you could do would be to use a 'dual' cable approach - in the same way that some people run external USB HDDs on their PCs when these consume more than 500 mA. i.e. you get a cable that 'combines' two USB port connections into one and that would give you 1 A.

Tim
    Scotland