What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB Hub

Xao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My old 7-Port USB hub just died and I'm getting ready to replace it with a new one. Before I do, I wanted to see if anyone here has seen any new HUB's that have at least one High-Powered port in order to charge the iPad while I sync it.

Can't seem to find any. I find a lot of 3-AMP power supplies, but they always note that they don't supply more than 500Ma's of power to each port.

Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You won't find any because the USB2 specification states 500 mA. The most you could do would be to use a 'dual' cable approach - in the same way that some people run external USB HDDs on their PCs when these consume more than 500 mA. i.e. you get a cable that 'combines' two USB port connections into one and that would give you 1 A.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts