1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Usb and 3g

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by john46, Aug 20, 2012.

1. john46

john46 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello all,
    Just been asked by a friend who has just purchased a ipad2, can you connect a USB dongle to connect to the Internet via 3G. I know you can connect a USB and transfer files but wasn't sure if the same would work with mobile broadband USB. Is this possible or not?
    John
  2. dhewson777

dhewson777 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0
    No, that is why you need to buy a 3G version iPad. The best thing to do is instead of buying a USB 3G dongle, is to get a portable 3G wireless pocket wifi instead. It shares the 3G connection with devices via wifi.
  3. john46

john46 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mine is 3G his isn't, I did say the way would do it would to be acquire a mi-fi pocket wi-fi device and not via a dongle
  4. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,910 / 1
    If he has a phone that's capable of producing a wifi hotspot, he could connect to that hotspot for Internet access.
  5. john46

john46 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Why didn't I think of that ha ha, he has an iPhone. Will show him how to do it today.
    Cheers