What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgraded to iOS5 and lost my credit and Apps. Tried everything. Feel slightly cheated

Jobby75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As title would suggest. Apple are not, and not easy to be made, aware that I have lost out here. Surprised that, though my account name and details have not changed, no flags went up to say that I already made purchases. Youre hurting me Apple. Not given up on this matter yet

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, just to be clear, we are not Apple nor are we in any way affiliated to Apple. If you have an issue that you require help with then if you give us clear details of your problem we will do what we can to assist you?

If you just wish to rant against Apple then you may find that contacting Apple directly might be a better option.

The Archangel

OP
J

Jobby75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I have issue with Apple

Hi, just to be clear, we are not Apple nor are we in any way affiliated to Apple. If you have an issue that you require help with then if you give us clear details of your problem we will do what we can to assist you?

If you just wish to rant against Apple then you may find that contacting Apple directly might be a better option.

The Archangel

I think "rant" might be a bit harsh. Just very disappointednat the moment and thought I d express this with this Forum. After all a Forum is an arena where views opinions feelings etc may be presented in an appropriate democratic manner?

To clarify, I upgraded my iPad2 to iOS5 and subsequently lost all purchased creditband apps and have not changed my apple account. Any ideas.?

thank you

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you back up before you upgraded and then restore after the upgrade?

In any case, you can always download the apps again without charge.

Tim

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you open the iTunes App on your iPad you can click on the purchased tab which (hopefully) will list out all your apps and all these can be downloaded again for free.

Regarding your credit, this is a little more unusual, iTunes is used as a delivery mechanism for iOS 5 so by downloading and installing iOS 5 it should have no effect on your credit. Have you emailed Apple with your details to see if they can help.

The Archangel

OP
J

Jobby75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
If you open the iTunes App on your iPad you can click on the purchased tab which (hopefully) will list out all your apps and all these can be downloaded again for free.

Regarding your credit, this is a little more unusual, iTunes is used as a delivery mechanism for iOS 5 so by downloading and installing iOS 5 it should have no effect on your credit. Have you emailed Apple with your details to see if they can help.

The Archangel

Can you tell me how, where I can directly email Apple? You will be a friend if you find me a direct link. They are water tight.....

OP
J

Jobby75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Did you back up before you upgraded and then restore after the upgrade?

In any case, you can always download the apps again without charge.

Tim

Didnt work. And what about my lost credit??????? :(

gjhsmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As title would suggest. Apple are not, and not easy to be made, aware that I have lost out here. Surprised that, though my account name and details have not changed, no flags went up to say that I already made purchases. Youre hurting me Apple. Not given up on this matter yet
\

i just upgraded my ipad to 5.0 this afternoon. i called apple support before I did it just to make sure there would be no problems.. well ...I transferred all my apps to my mac then upgraded per the apple tech. My apps are on my computer but NOT on my ipad, even though I sync with it. nothing happens...any help out there?

gjhsmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gjhsmith said:
\

i just upgraded my ipad to 5.0 this afternoon. i called apple support before I did it just to make sure there would be no problems.. well ...I transferred all my apps to my mac then upgraded per the apple tech. My apps are on my computer but NOT on my ipad, even though I sync with it. nothing happens...any help out there?

Just got off the phone with apple and they told me how to restore from a previous back up so all is good. Everything is back to normal. I can't tell any difference in the new upgrade though.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

allan320

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New to this forum, and can confirm ios5 has done the same to me; previously paid for apps and music is no longer synching to my ipod. Tried setting up as a backup, and then as a new ipod but same results. Also iTunes now seems flaky and unstable, sometimes taking 3 or 4 go's to recognise the ipod. Have also lost many playlists which were created a while ago, probably in older versions of iTunes.

allan320

allan320

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes is now unusable with iOS5, freezes and cannot access Store. How can I get back to where I was please? I don't know who is running this forum but there are folk waiting for help from you two weeks ago, come on guys rally round your fellow members!!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts