What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with apple id since upgrading to ios6

Samemem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently upgraded my ipad2's ios to 6. Since then, I noticed that whenever I upgrade the apps that I have my brother's apple id pops up and NOT MY APPLE ID. When I looked at the settings, it shows that the apple id in use is mine. I tried signing it out and in again just to refresh the system. But when I tried upgrading the apps, my brother's apple id pops again. Even using iMessenger, it's his apple id that's in use though my apple id is the one signed in. Help please! :(

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For those apps you are trying to update - did you buy them or did your brother? Because if they were purchased using his ID, they will always show under his ID; that can't be changed. They're on his account.

For iMessage, did you try signing in and out of the account from within the iMessage settings (in your Settings app)?

Marilyn

OP
S

Samemem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the reply. The apps are free and purchased using my apple id. And with the iMessenger, i already tried signing in and out but it was still the same. :( I'm so confused with it right now and don't know what's happening. It bothers me because when i reply to messages, my brother's apple id is in use. Do you know any reason why is it like this? :( thanks again!

Most reactions

Latest posts