What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UPDATE ON WORD & Exel

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have not bothered to add an app for word or Exel on my iPad4. Is Docs-to-Go still considered to be good for someone using Microsoft Word and Excel, or has something better come along. Will only be using it in moderation.

Where is it best to store files on the iPad ? I know this is a nube type question but I am not really up on this stuff and coupd really do with someone to spend an hour or so to sort me out.

Cheers

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I personally use the free apple office apps, Pages and Numbers. They work great for me. Some people need the more powerful feature set of Microsoft office products. Depends on what you are going to do. As for where to store documents? I just use the storage provided by apple in the cloud. Or, dropbox is pretty popular too. The documents are stored off the device and are accessible from any connected device. Hope that helps.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have Docs to Go and Quick Office but prefer Quick Edit which, until MS Office for Ipad app came out a month ago or so, was known as Office HD. I have used this since Ipad One so for almost 4 years. Consistently upgraded by developer, works very well with Dropbox and when I check docs and xls in the "official" MS Office app the formatting is recognized. I find Quick Edit to be more like using Office.

Mobilearts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For storing files on an iPad I use GoodReader. It has folders and a file structure. You can move files between folders, rename files and use "open in" to move files to other apps. It works with cloud storage sites such as Dropbox. It will open almost any type of file even video and photos. Files can be transferred to a computer via wifi or USB cable. I also use Notebooks which is similar. I also have FileExplorer but have never used it.
Files can be transferred to GoodReader from emails and the other apps via "open in". For printing I use the app Print to print to an ancient HP laser printer connected to my Mac Mini on the same network as my iPads.

Most reactions

Latest posts