What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to start my ipad

hunraiid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't used my ipad1 for a month and when I tried to charge it, it showed me apple logo(blinking for every two seconds) and not the batter icon.

I have connected ipad to pc and it asked me to restore and during the process it is throwing me 1602. When I connect Ipad to PC, my Ipad screen is blank and blinking with low light continuously. I didn't know if there's any problem with it.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just keep it plugged in. If you went a month without it charged afresh, it will take it about 10 minutes' charge at least before you get the battery charging icon. (I've done likewise when I've left the country, when I left one of my iPads behind and forgot to plug it in.)

OP
H

hunraiid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just keep it plugged in. If you went a month without it charged afresh, it will take it about 10 minutes' charge at least before you get the battery charging icon. (I've done likewise when I've left the country, when I left one of my iPads behind and forgot to plug it in.)

I kept it for charging more than a day to external charger and 12 hours to computer just to make sure... As I said when I connect to External charger it is blinking Apple logo (slightly broken apple) for evr 2-3 second all night.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hunraiid said:
I kept it for charging more than a day to external charger and 12 hours to computer just to make sure... As I said when I connect to External charger it is blinking Apple logo (slightly broken apple) for evr 2-3 second all night.

Is the charger you are using an iPad charger. Connecting to a computer will only supply a trickle charge, but still over 12 hours should be enough. I worry that your battery may be dead.....it is not a good idea to not have a charge on your battery If not used over an extended period and this may have damaged your battery. I hope someone who knows more will chime in here.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Leaving the battery without a charge probably will shorten its lifespan, but you should still be able to charge it after a month without juice. Use the OEM charger and plug into a wall outlet. If that doesn't work, visit an Apple store.

By the way, even if you killed your battery outright, you can have Apple replace it for under $100. They will swap out your iPad with another of the same model, with a fresh battery.

I've let my iPad 1 battery run down many times in the two years I've had it, and it's still working and holding a charge. I'm not sweating battery lifespan. If the battery dies and I still want to use the iPad, I'll just have Apple replace the battery.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts