What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to export original sized videos anymore.

Paul Weston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys!
Yesterday I was able to export/upload my videos (with no reduction in size) to facebook and email recipients from my iPad Air. I was using both iMovie and my email application. They both worked yesterday, but now today if I try to export either way, it ends up being sent greatly reduced in both size and quality.
I have not adjusted my settings in any way.
Can anyone suggest what might be going on here?
Many thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Assuming the export settings didn't change themselves, no idea.

Have you been exporting the movie from iMovie every time you send it, or did you export it once to the camera roll, and then export/send the movie from there?

OP
Paul Weston

Paul Weston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the reply. Nope, haven't changed anything (that I am aware of). And no, I export from both iMovie and via the email application equally. For instance, I uploaded a video from iMovie to my Facebook page (full HD) successfully yesterday (about 8 MB). Today I uploaded a similar one the same way only to find it's about 500 KB and much smaller.
I even saved my iMovie video to my Camera Roll........and no matter what resolution I select, it comes out at the lowest res.
I try attaching a hi-res video to my emails.....but again......turns into a low-res by the time it reaches it's recipient. Weird :(

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi! Welcome to iPF!

Is the video with which you are having a problem, of a higher resolution than the previous video? Afaik, iMovie drops the resolution to 960x540 for quick action of the app.

Most reactions

Latest posts