What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

turn-based Rol Play Game

sentinel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new on this forum, I hope I post this on the correct place

I love the turn-based RPGs, like baldurs gate.
I like to lead a party, and to have time to tell each one waht to do.

Is there any good game on this style?

As the ipad graphics are limited, I think that turn-based RPGs are the best for it.

I have tried the little versions of:
Companions - that was not bad, is not truly turn-based but you have 1min of pause that recharges with time.
But the worst of the game is that the speed of chars is very slow, and one thing that was nice is dwarven tactics (to set traps all around) but finally it makes the movement very slow.

Rimelands: hammer of thor - is turn based, but you only have one char and I don't like much the combat system that is based on throwing dices, that have HIT NOT HIT or BLOCK on their sides.

OP
S

sentinel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
many thx for the answer, but I was thinking on an adventures game more than on a strategy one.

I will be great if they implement dungeons and dragons play system, like on:

baldurs gate
ice wind dale
planescape torment
dark sun

Last edited:
OP
S

sentinel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
finally I have bought The Battle for Wesnoth, is more a strategic game than a role play one, but it’s good.

Is a pure turn based game.
Has many campaigns, each one has from 5 to 25 scenarios, that’s means a loot of game play hours.
Each campaign has it self background.

It is similar to “heroes of migth and magicâ€, but is a simplified version (no big hero developing, no city developing, combat on the primary map)
Basically you have your hero and you recruit troops on your cities.
Your hero and your troops advance levels, improving their characteristics and abilities.
And you may recall them from one scenario to the other during the campaign.

The graphics are old, but as you start playing you forget about this detail J

The game play is easy, but playing at the highest difficulty it makes you think J

Most reactions

Latest posts