What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ttansfer files from PC to IPAD.

tireshop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello.

I tried to send files from pc to ipad2 using bluetooth, Ipad claimed bluetooth is not supported, I tried itunes but could not figure out if it did.

Will you please guide me to do so.

Thanks.

dawsonm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Run iTunes, plug your iPad in to your computer. Under the Apps section, the Apps that support file transfer are listed at the bottom of the page.

dawsonm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, first off, what type of files are you trying to transfer?

In iTunes, when your iDevice is connected, if you select the device, a series of tabs appear. One of them is the 'Apps' tab. If you scroll down, a list of the apps you have loaded on your iPad that you can Transfer files between your iPad and computer are listed.

What types of files are you wanting to load onto your iPad?

OP
T

tireshop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi dawsonm

Mainly beside photo and video files I need to launch microsoft office files.

Thanks.

OK, first off, what type of files are you trying to transfer?

In iTunes, when your iDevice is connected, if you select the device, a series of tabs appear. One of them is the 'Apps' tab. If you scroll down, a list of the apps you have loaded on your iPad that you can Transfer files between your iPad and computer are listed.

What types of files are you wanting to load onto your iPad?

dawsonm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, 'files' on the iPad are application specific. There is no accessible file structure that corresponds a Windows environment.

The method of getting files onto and off the iPad is best achieved using iTunes. Photos and iDevice compatible video should be relatively easy.

Apps for playing non native Apple video format are plentiful. 'Documents To Go' is a good app for viewing and editing Office documents but there are others.

These apps need to be loaded and resident on your iPad. Once they are, if you sync your iPad to iTunes, you can then transfer files from your host to your iPad on an application by application basis as described in previous posts.

Hope this helps.

Shylock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you saying that I cannot say, make a video, in mp4 format, and then upload it to my ipad2 to view it when I do not have a wifi access, if I have a wifi only iPad 2? How about mp3's/etc?

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
See have you tried Dropbox? It's sort of like a cloud you can use with files and I use it to keep my Word Documents, Powerpoints, and Spreadsheets handy in case something comes up and I need them. I'm a business student and along with studying business I run my own business so I like to have my stuff in sync and this way I can record something on one device and within a few seconds they're all updated. Since this is relevant here is a link to their info page http://db.tt/MjWA6Li0

For files it gives you options of choosing what compatible apps you want to open them with.

dawsonm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shylock said:
Are you saying that I cannot say, make a video, in mp4 format, and then upload it to my ipad2 to view it when I do not have a wifi access, if I have a wifi only iPad 2? How about mp3's/etc?

You can connect it to your PC using the USB lead, you don't need a WIFI connection for that.

CBSquiggle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might like to try File Browser from the app store. I use it all the time for shifting stuff between my iPad and a W7 PC set up as an NFS where I use iTunes and Twonky for music, but many other programs for other things. Works great.

OP
T

tireshop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI CBsquiggle, I could find this app on app store, please provide exact name or link.
Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts