What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to restore jailbroken ipad (4.3.2), keep getting error 1601/1604

macarollo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems like I have tried everything and cannot restore my ipad.

I bought a refurbished ipad 1 which had 4.3.2 loaded on it. I immediately jailbroke it. I don't remember saving SHSH blobs, but my understanding is that they are saved on Cydia's servers automatically now?

Months later some of my applications have been crashing and I want to do a fresh restore and rejailbreak it. The only problem is I am getting error 1604 and 1601.

I have used iREB and iFaith- no luck. (I followed tutorials)

I have tried unistalling/reinstalling itunes- no luck.

I have tried deleting the logs/cookies in the itunes data folders- no luck.

Any ideas?

OP
M

macarollo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I open Cydia at the top it says:

SHSH: IOS 4.3.3, 4.3.4, 4.3.5

What is strange to me is that I have 4.3.2 installed, but it doesn't show those SHSH blobs.

Does this mean that I cannot restore to 4.3.2 and need to try to restore to 4.3.3?

penanot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try to restore it to 4.3.3 because it is the best firmware for JB currently...

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The blobs you have don't necessarily have anything to do with the version of IOS which is on your device. It is all to do with timing.

Follow this tutorial, and as penanot suggested above, install 4.3.3. It is the best firmware version to be on at the moment. You should be fine if you follow it exactly - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-your-ipad-using-tinyumbrella-shsh-blobs.html

Once completed, visit jailbreakme.com in Safari on your iPad and you will be rejailbroken in seconds.

Hope that helps.

OP
M

macarollo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tiny Umbrella is not working on my computer- it crashes immediately when I open it. Any ideas? tiny.JPG

Most reactions

Latest posts