What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble saving documents to server at work location

judy284

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using the following apps to edit documents located on the server at my work location from my home - Cisco AnyConnect VPN,
FB file browser and Pages. I can easily bring up a document and edit it in Pages using these apps but I can not find a way to
save the edited document back to the the server at work. I could email the document to my self but it seems to me that if I can
load the document onto my iPad then I should be able to save it. I can't find the procedure in any documentation.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
These are your options for getting a file out of pages:

You have to work within this framework.

Attachments

• image-3793147976.jpg
    image-3793147976.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 322

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad is app-centric so in normal operations files exist within apps. To get the file out, you have to use one of the methods the app has been designed to support.

In my case, since I own an air stash, I would use the webDav option to save the file in word format to an sd card in the stash. Then I could put that in a PC to get back to the server. Or, I would use open in another app, but what you get depends on what apps you have:

Attachments

• image-2122135544.jpg
    image-2122135544.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 335

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Another option might be to get some kind of VPN app on your iPad, but I don't have experience with such an approach.

Just some ideas for you to kick around. Best!

Most reactions

Latest posts