What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfering Help required

MAcsure

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here was the challenge I had yesterday:

My friend has IP4, which he used to take a video of me. Once video was taken we wanted to send it to my ipad. Sounds simple enough right.
After all Apple just works!! Right...

These are things we tried to complete this seemingly easy task.

1: Tried emailing to me - File to big. Ho much to big I have no idea
2: Tried to Bluetooth. - My ipad could find my friends IP4; However the IP4 Bluetooth didn’t seem to be working at all. - Quite common I believe after reading other forums.
3: Tried using iTunes once we finally got but home. But once again this lead to a challenge, as me and my friend are very limited and unlearnt in the world of idevices. After plugging the IP4 into "MY" iTunes we couldnt gain access to the file we wanted to transfer onto my mac let along theiPad.
My friend didn’t know his iTunes account details, so I couldn’t long onto his account. I am figuring this would of solved our dilemma Yes, No?

4: We are stumped what to do: Help us please :)
So this has left two very frustrated people and a file on his IP4 that I want on my ipad.
So I ask the question, is this a common issues other apple/iPad users that are very very non techy type of people?
And secondly is there a simple NON TECH way around this. I have goggled this morning to find some apps, but they only work it BOTH parties have the App, that to me seems abet pointless.
If some one is kind enough and has enough patience’s to explain a solution for this dilemma I would be greatly appreciative
:D

OP
M

MAcsure

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:) nice, however ever, the size of yr pic is most probably only "kb's". Not "mb's". Hence if you hadn't noticed point number #1. Tried emailing but file too big

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
May not be the easiest or best way, but you could install the Dropbox app on both devices and upload/download from Dropbox.

Dropbox is a free "cloud" storage app - you can store up to 2GB for free in the "cloud"...

Meowzart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have your file on your home computer, can you right click and zip the file? That compresses it for sending via email. I know that works for docs but I've not tried it for video

Susan

OP
M

MAcsure

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I am familiar with Drop box as well Mobile Me. and I use regularly for my daily tasks.One of the best friends you could have if u own a iPad.
However my friend who really only uses IP4 as iToy, (Phone, games, photos, music) wasn’t to keen on setting one of those up, even thou it is free and would be an solution.

This looks like is a quite a challenge for people like me after all. I don’t feel so dump now lol

Last edited:
OP
M

MAcsure

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have your file on your home computer, can you right click and zip the file? That compresses it for sending via email. I know that works for docs but I've not tried it for video

Susan

You obviously haven't read my scenario have you Susan.

The file is on an IP4, trying to transfer it a iPad or even to my iMac.
A simple matter of pairing two idevices would all it take. However it seems in my case , so so simple :)

Last edited:

Meowzart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MAcsure said:
You obviously haven't read my scenario have you Susan.

The file is on an IP4, trying to transfer it a iPad or even to my iMac.
A simple matter of pairing two idevices would all it take. However it seems in my case , so so simple :)

Sorry thought you had got it from phone to Mac....

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MAcsure said:
Yes I am familiar with Drop box as well Mobile Me. and I use regularly for my daily tasks.One of the best friends you could have if u own a iPad.
However my friend who really only uses IP4 as iToy, (Phone, games, photos, music) wasn’t to keen on setting one of those up, even thou it is free and would be an solution.

This looks like is a quite a challenge for people like me after all. I don’t feel so dump now lol

Actually - there are simple solutions (Dropbox). If your friend doesn't want to use Dropbox for whatever reason, then he is making it more difficult than it needs to be! An easy (and free) solution is there (DropBox) - use it!

Most reactions

Latest posts