What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer Audio from PC to iPad

asimmd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI All

Could someone please tell me if it is possible to transfer Audio files I have imported
into iTunes on my PC - to my Ipad.

Obviously I have iTunes on iPad,but it dosen't have the menu on the left of screen tht my PC version does.

I have synced the Ipad and PC using iCloud,but I still can't do it.

Many thanks

Alan

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes on the iPad is just a front for the store. Have you looked in your Music App?

The Archangel

Attachments

• image-1665853041.jpg
    image-1665853041.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 697

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, it is.

When you have your iPad connected to your PC and iTunes, you need to select the iPad in the left hand column and go to the Music tab. You need to either have the files selected individually or have the files in a selected playlist.

OP
A

asimmd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All

Thank you so much for the replies.

You are correct,the audio was in the Music folder as highlighted.

Now All I need to do is work out how I did it.

Apologies for being a prat,put it down to a Senior Moment.

Alan

MikeMoss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I asked about this in another post and didn't get a response but when I plug in my iPad 3 into my PC, I can see the iPad in Windows Explorer and transfer files back and forth just by using copy and paste.
That's how I transferred my music files from my PC to the iPad at first.

I've only had my iPad for a week so I have little idea what is supposed to be possible.
I'm running Windows 8 CP.

Now that I have iTunes installed on my PC it seems to sync and do it automatically, both ways, but I can still open the iPad in Explorer and manage it even to deleting files from it or viewing images and videos directly on my monitor.

My friend has an iPad 2 that he has had a lot longer and says that he can't access it through Windows?
He isn't the most computer literate, and I haven't been to his house since I got my iPad so I don't know for sure that he's correct.

What I haven't tried is converting my MP3 files to m4p format and seeing if they will import into the iPad.
Anyone know if that's possible. I have a lot of .mp3 files I'd like to be able to play on my pad.

Mike

Sorry I was wrong about that, I just checked and I can see the images and videos on the pad in Windows Explorer but not my music files, I can only see the files on the iPad through iTunes, I can see the duplicate file on my PC in Windows Explorer. But all of the files did get transferred from my computer to the iPad through sync.

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MikeMoss said:
Hi

I asked about this in another post and didn't get a response but when I plug in my iPad 3 into my PC, I can see the iPad in Windows Explorer and transfer files back and forth just by using copy and paste.
That's how I transferred my music files from my PC to the iPad at first.

I've only had my iPad for a week so I have little idea what is supposed to be possible.
I'm running Windows 8 CP.

Now that I have iTunes installed on my PC it seems to sync and do it automatically, both ways, but I can still open the iPad in Explorer and manage it even to deleting files from it or viewing images and videos directly on my monitor.

My friend has an iPad 2 that he has had a lot longer and says that he can't access it through Windows?
He isn't the most computer literate, and I haven't been to his house since I got my iPad so I don't know for sure that he's correct.

What I haven't tried is converting my MP3 files to m4p format and seeing if they will import into the iPad.
Anyone know if that's possible. I have a lot of .mp3 files I'd like to be able to play on my pad.

Mike

Sorry I was wrong about that, I just checked and I can see the images and videos on the pad in Windows Explorer but not my music files, I can only see the files on the iPad through iTunes, I can see the duplicate file on my PC in Windows Explorer. But all of the files did get transferred from my computer to the iPad through sync.

Hi Mike, I'll be honest, I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to achieve here but I can tell you that the iPad supports mp3 format files natively, in fact, I have many mp3’s which I have dragged into iTunes and appear on all the iDevices that I have chosen to sync them to. I don't really understand the need to Windows Explorer and iTunes, if it works with iTunes then surely that is all you need?

The Archangel

MikeMoss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I was under the impression that it didn't support .mp3 files, (that's what my friend told me but like I said he's not the most computer literate user I know) but that's great to know.
I'm not sure how you would do it any other way, but the fact that I can move my video from the iPad to my computer with Windows Explorer will make it really easy.

Part of the problem is that I've only had this thing for a week and I don't know how a lot of stuff is supposed to be done. LOL
I'm not sure how I would move files to my computer with iTunes.

I'm kind of a fledgling film maker, (as I said in another post I do 3D animation) and I'm looking forward to combining live HD footage from the iPad with my animation to see what I can do.
I'm really impressed with the video output from the iPad, really clear and clean. I can't wait to get at it, and I'm looking at tripod mounts and accessory lenses now.

One last question (at least for now) can you plug a USB device into the Camera Connection Device and plug in a USB drive, then move video from the iPad to it?

Thanks again for the info.

Mike

Last edited:

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MikeMoss said:
I'm not sure how you would do it any other way, but the fact that I can move my video from the iPad to my computer with Windows Explorer will make it really easy.

Part of the problem is that I've only had this thing for a week and I don't know how a lot of stuff is supposed to be done. LOL
I'm not sure how I would move files to my computer with iTunes.

I'm kind of a fledgling film maker, (as I said in another post I do 3D animation) and I'm looking forward to combining live HD footage from the iPad with my animation to see what I can do.
I'm really impressed with the video output from the iPad, really clear and clean. I can't wait to get at it, and I'm looking at tripod mounts and accessory lenses now.

One last question (at least for now) can you plug a USB device into the Camera Connection Device and plug in a USB drive, then move video from the iPad to it?

Thanks again for the info.

Mike

Moving video and photos from the iPad to PC is easiest via Windows Explorer, as the DCIM folder of the iPad is open for this sort of transfer. When it come to music and other documents, iTunes transfer to (and from) the specific apps is the way to go. There are also cloud storage options for transfer of files off the iPad, as well as email. Some great threads here covering those options.

The CCK can be used to get pictures onto the iPad, but is limited for other uses.

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The first thing you need to understand is that iOS does not have any file management capabilities. All file management is done by the apps that are used to view or work with the files. So, the CCK won't allow you to move files and store them in folders. Search this forum as there are many threads that give the details on this. You just have to adjust your thinking once you get this idea.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Meenie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With iPad Magic, you can transfer photos, videos, music, books, etc. between iPad, iTunes and computer at ease. Moreover, it also enables you to convert audio and video files, rip CD and DVD discs, download online videos, make ringtones and more. Also, it works well on iOS 7 and iTunes 11. Supported iOS Devices: iPad, iPad 2, The New iPad, iPad mini, iPad with Retina display; iPhone 3G/3GS, iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S

Tried searching for ipad magic in App Store but it didn't come up? Is it a free app or paid? If pId, how much?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts