What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Timezone issue via ics for ipad2

JonL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having issues with ics meeting invites sent via email from a different time zone.
In the iPad calendar it is not adjusting to my time zone. Instead it is showing the same time, as the other time zone. As an example, I receive an invite from Malaysia for a meeting at 7:00am my time, but it shows as 10:00pm(which would be the meeting time if I was in Malaysia).
I have tried with Timezone support on and off, with no difference. I tried Apple Support, and they were completely worthless. Has anyone encountered this issue? Does anyone know how to fix?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sound like Apple already had you do this, but I'll cover it just in case.

Go to Settings >> Mail, Contacts, Calendars >> Time Zone Support. Make sure not only that time zone support is on, but that it is set correctly for your location.

Go to Settings >> General >> Date & Time. If you have a 3G iPad it should say your time is set automatically. If not then you will have the ability to change your Time Zone here as well. Make sure it is correct for your area. You can also turn off the auto setting and set it manually to see if it makes a difference.

You could also check with other's who are receiving these meeting invites and see if they are getting the right times. It is always possible that the originator has their time zone info set incorrectly. Not very likely, I admit, but it's the only other possibility I can think of at the moment.

Let us know if you get it fixed, or not.

OP
J

JonL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, genius bar had me try every combination of turning off and on time zone support.
I imported the same ics to my outlook(win7 2010), and it works fine

Psychicstandy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if this is still really needed, but I'll answer this anyways, for future people with the same problem. The problem lies within the .ics-files, and not the ipad itself. I have had some problems too with this and I've found out that the correct formatting for DTSTART and DTEND in the file are as follows:

DTSTART;TZID="Europe/Brussels":20111110T173000
DTEND;TZID="Europe/Brussels":20111110T183000

If this is not the case, the ipad will f*** things up.

atlastbarb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just purchased my IPad 2 in Ca. Now I'm in Florida and it's showing west coast time. How do I change it?
thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Settings > General > Date & Time, set your time zone if you are on manual. If on Auto try going to manual, changing it, then going back to automatic.

Also check Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Time Zone Support. If you have it turned on make sure you've got the right time zone selected.

Most reactions

Latest posts