Time to rant.... ZAGG sheild.... UGH!

Discussion in 'iPad Reviews' started by s2mikey, Mar 3, 2013.

1. cshmee

cshmee
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I did same thing trying to install it, totally botched to the point where I had throw the thing out without ever getting it on there. Waste of money, better to roll the dice without it

2. georgeacosta

georgeacosta
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hey all,

I recently purchase a ArmorSuit protector and the application procedure for this is amazing. It covers my whole screen for the iPad 3 device. I think I've found a protector worth standing behind. They also give you detail information on how to apply it on the box. Simple instruction and Life Time guarantee, enough talking just take my money! Best protector I've tried so far!!!!

3. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Real iPad users don't need no stinkin shield. There, I have said it. No shields. All you do is empower those people trying to sell you a sheet of plastic. Over priced plastic. Shields. What's next, you guys start wearing frilly dresses and pantaloon shields? If shields were good, I would have one.

I say forget the shield and rescue a kitten from the pound. The problem is, I have 23 devices with no shields but I do have 23 rescue kittens. We sing accapella in the shower.

4. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I will soon release my own line of shields and they are scented, too. Make your iDevice smell like a Blackberry or a robot.

They are Micro bonded with Titanium based and proprietary "Strong-O-Coating Ultra" that NASA uses on the space shuttle engine nozzles and my shields are not only tear free, but micro-encapsulated with Type 4 Miraculobond polymer. AND they will also solve the global warming issue. We will donate a dollar of every sale to the Save a Kitten foundation endorsed by Al Ghore.

They will be manufactured in a way that "they do not want you to know about" in a 1005% green factory and every purchase carries a guarantee that meets and exceeds something important. Super highest possible tech.

And they are NSA proof and hard radiation hardened with a patented process I ripped off from the patent searches.

You also get a free subscription to my Face Book page at no extra charge except $13.00 postage and handling.

Watch kickstarter for the announcement.

Finally, a picture of me holding a kitten and a banjo is on every box.

Send me money before midnight and I'll double the order and you get two tickets to a performance with friends. Ozzie, me and Justin Bieber, live in my basement. Unless I forget.

5. f4780y

f4780y
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Where do i sign up Bob? Id like my iPad to have that "new iphone" scent on the front, and "beef lasagne" on the rear please.

6. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I do not use one and so far, my devices have no scratches.

My theory is, these shields were designed to solve a non-existant issue and the matrketing folks simply tell us we will be sorry if we do not protect our screens which likely need less protection than we think.

The glass is quite good at resisting scratches.

7. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I know a fellow whio works in the business. He works with micro-encapsulated sticker materials or something like that. I'll put in a request for beef lasagne. Do you want an additional scent of eggplant and wine? That is a buck more per square inch.

8. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    My guess is a little time spent with a buffing wheel and some rouge will eliminate scratches.