What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking of switching to iPad air 2?

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just bought a iPad Mini 3 yesterday and I'm thinking of switching to iPad air 2. It feels little small coming from aniPad1. Does anyone felt the same way and switched over between these two devices? thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Hunter1 - this is a personal decision based on your needs - make a list of the top 10 or so things that you do on the iPad, then decide which screen size best fits those needs and tally up the score. For myself, I do a lot of reading on the iPad (both purchased books & magazines) - the iPad Mini would not suit my needs for these purposes (have old eyes) - wife owns the Mini and gave up on magazines. I just bought a new iPad (Air 2) w/ retina screen - it's thinner and lighter than my old iPad 2 - quite pleased so far after a week. Let us know what your tally shows - :) Dave

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ive been using ipad1 and I thought I try the Mini but it seems to be small for my comfort. My eyes are not as sharp as we'll,
Hi Hunter1 - this is a personal decision based on your needs - make a list of the top 10 or so things that you do on the iPad, then decide which screen size best fits those needs and tally up the score. For myself, I do a lot of reading on the iPad (both purchased books & magazines) - the iPad Mini would not suit my needs for these purposes (have old eyes) - wife owns the Mini and gave up on magazines. I just bought a new iPad (Air 2) w/ retina screen - it's thinner and lighter than my old iPad 2 - quite pleased so far after a week. Let us know what your tally shows - :) Dave

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I made the switched with a silver color , wanted gold but none in stock. I'm much happier with the Air 2.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I made the switched with a silver color , wanted gold but none in stock. I'm much happier with the Air 2.
It's always better and more enjoyable to use a device you're fully comfortable with.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was debating and was going to go with the Mini from an iPad 4.....
After trying it for a long time at the Apple store I decided to go with the Air 2.

Just seems like I always had to enlarge the screen to see/do what I wanted.
The Air 2 is thinner/smaller than the iPad 4 and seems much more comfortable to use.

You'll love it IMHO.....

kk4df

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Accept nothing less.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Callihan_44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also note the new air 2 is slightly lighter than the air one, I find movies more enjoyable and reading text easier

Most reactions

Latest posts