What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lightning connector loose?

Wynamd32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got an iPad Air 2 from Costco yesterday, remarkable device. It replaces an iPad Air that I bought and that had the yellow tint on the left-hand side of the screen.

The Air 2 is an excellent device with a lovely screen, but I notice that the Lightning connector is loose compared to the Air's. There's a bit of wiggle in both dimensions, while the Air's is quite snug (almost to the point of being too tight).

Is this normal? My only concern is whether it indicates and issue that will get worse over time. At present, it charges without issue. Thanks!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just got an iPad Air 2 from Costco yesterday, remarkable device. It replaces an iPad Air that I bought and that had the yellow tint on the left-hand side of the screen.

The Air 2 is an excellent device with a lovely screen, but I notice that the Lightning connector is loose compared to the Air's. There's a bit of wiggle in both dimensions, while the Air's is quite snug (almost to the point of being too tight).

Is this normal? My only concern is whether it indicates and issue that will get worse over time. At present, it charges without issue. Thanks!
The Lightning connector has never been a loose fit on any iPhone or iPad I've bought. I'd take it back and ask for a replacement, making sure to check the replacement before leaving the store.

OP
W

Wynamd32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Lightning connector has never been a loose fit on any iPhone or iPad I've bought. I'd take it back and ask for a replacement, making sure to check the replacement before leaving the store.

Okay, thanks for the reply. I'm curious though to hear if anyone else has a slightly loose connection, because I really want to get off the replacement train. Is there NO wiggle in everyone's?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No wiggle on my devices (iPad Air, iPhone 6 plus). I tried both. The connector fits exactly.

OP
W

Wynamd32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No wiggle on my devices (iPad Air, iPhone 6 plus). I tried both. The connector fits exactly.

Okay, thanks. Grrr, was really hoping to avoid another replacement.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, thanks. Grrr, was really hoping to avoid another replacement.
If there's an Apple Store near enough, take it in for a Genius Bar appointment. If it needs replacing, they'll replace it. If not, they'll fix what's wrong.

Agent1191

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Mine is tight. Sometimes, I wonder if it is too tight

Most reactions