What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking about the iPad3

tawcat

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have a first gen iPad and am thinking about buying a new iPad3. My concern is being able to transfer all my apps to the new one.

I have my present iPad backed up, so if I get a new one, do I just plug the new one into my iMac and start up iTunes?

Not sure what I'll do with one I have if I choose to go new!

Thanks in advance.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can always ask the 'geniuses' at the Apple store. I suspect they would help you with that through a support call as well when you get the new one.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Transfering everything is easy. Back up everything from the old iPad on your computer in iTunes. Then conect the new iPad to it. Name your iPad and go through the registration process. It will basically take you through the process, but you might go through the various sections to determne if you want to delete any apps, or things. It makes a good time to do some housekeeping. I removed about 20-30 apps that I rarely use. They are still on the computer when I need them, just not taking up room on the iPad.

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just replaced my iPad 1 too. Just make sure everything is backed up. When you get the new iPad just follow the steps and select restore from backup or prev (can't remember which), instead of setting up as new. Everything should come I've to new iPad, except for maybe music you didn't get from iTunes.

Most reactions

Latest posts