What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The new ipad

ghost54

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't wait to my hands on the new iPad it looks awesome to say the least
I'm thinking of trying to get my hands on one the day it comes out next Friday but that's going to be crazy probably have to camp out side for a night to get my hands on the bloody thing but I think it will be worth it that new screen looks amazing ! I Watched a demo of the new game for new iPad the Graphics. Look sweet apple has kicked it out the park again

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You have a better chance of acquiring one early by ordering it online.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I couldn't go through that stress again I'm afraid.

I purchased my first iPad, the ipad2, last year. I actually ordered within thirty mins of pre-ordering opening.
After checking progress on shipment and speaking with Apple almost every other day, it eventually arrived in the post 2 month later.

So no, I couldn't go through all that again.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
You have a better chance of acquiring one early by ordering it online.
I'm hoping for this... yet my order still says processing and still has not shipped like some people are seeing.

Yet with the shipping to home you never no.
You could get it early like some were getting the iPhone a day early last time, or it could come at the end of the day on the 16th (after the people in line already have theirs from the apple store).

I won't have to wait in line at the apple store, but I will still have to wait at home for the delivery guy (better place to wait) since it requires signature.

Also with the pre-Order I already know I'm getting one and don't have to wait out the line just to see if they have any left by the time they get to me.

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I ordered mine within the first 40 or so minutes of the store reopening. I finally got my FedEx tracking number at 2:44 pm CST today. I believe all the engraved ones went out first so they could ship them to the US for engraving and then move them back into the staging areas. Now I think they are doing non-egraved units.

bzbmum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is my first time ordering an iPad so hopefully I will receive it on time. I ordered March 7th after 5pm and received email confirmation March 8th when they started processing it. I just got an email today March 9th that they shipped it with tracking info. According to the tracking, everything is on schedule and its estimated to arrive March 16th by end of day here in WA state. I did order with free engraving.

jmbarker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not positive but I think the engraving is done at the factory. I ordered my iPad 2 engraved from
Apple and it shipped from China to my home with no stops in between other than FedEx (or UPS) facilities.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Engraving is done at the factory. There is generally no difference in the ship date between engraved and plain devices when they are shipped direct from the factory - which includes virtually all online orders.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey folks it's good to be back. I've been busy with my Asus Transformer Prime but just ordered the new ipad and should have it Friday! I've been on the Android side of the fence for almost a year now even though I just sold my iPad 2 this past Saturday. I'm hoping that I'll like this new tablet more than the Prime and with the new display it may sure happen.

Most reactions

Latest posts