What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The new iPad with the new problems

GabeIpad3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey! I just got the new iPad this morning and the reason I bought it was mostly for traveling and watching movies on the go, but with this one, when I play a 720p movie while using avplayerhd runs bitty and slow and I don't get why, and when I put an 1080p movie it get's even worse. This new iPad should be much better than the old one but only when I try to watch hd movies from the iPad, mkv's i mean, the frame rate goes down considerably. Anyone with the new iPad have the same problem while trying to watch an HD movie ? Could it be probably the fact that it's not optimised for the *new proc and all ? And yes it's the third gen iPad 4g model

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is because some applications will need to be rewritten to take advantage of the new screen size. Likely what is happening is if the application is written for an older iPad it has to go through a IOS compatibility layer that upsizes the screen info - for a video application this is the kiss of death.

Watch for an update to the application.

OP
GabeIpad3

GabeIpad3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply, was worrying that there was something wrong with my processor. Hopefully there would be an app soon enough, seeing as though I bought this course I travel a lot. If you find anything out before me, and u think u could let me know on this forum, please do so. Thank you.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to our forums. I will move your thread to our help section but in saying thaT are they movies you have purchased from itunes or transfered from your computer....

OP
GabeIpad3

GabeIpad3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes sorry. They are mkv's transferred from my computer to the iPad. Bitty, laggy, unwatchable.

OP
GabeIpad3

GabeIpad3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much. Hopefully someone will address this issue.

Most reactions

Latest posts