1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

The new iPad sim card issue

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by MylesP, Mar 28, 2012.

1. MylesP

MylesP iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Purchased an iPad 3 from John Lewis 2 days ago and received a free Three sim card with 1 gig of data preinstalled. I activated the sim and they said it should be activated within 4 hours, but still, when I turn my wifi off, I get a message saying it could not connect to the Internet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Myles
  2. Lunar

Lunar Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I assume that your've obviously enabled the 3G under ' Mobile data' in the settings, is your network carrier 3 showing up okay in the 'Carrier' settings. (Note this does not show if 3G disabled) When activated the network carrier name 3 with 3g alongside it should be showing up in the topleft corner of your iPads screen ? It could be of course that 3 still haven't activated it yet.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2012
  3. MylesP

MylesP iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I phoned three today and they told me that the sim card I received was "blank" and they will send me another.

I will keep you updated
    Myles