What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Lateral Thought Thread

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are ways of getting things done. Most people accept that things are the way they are and just live with it. Occasionally, however, someone comes up with an idea so radical that you just shake your head and think "He's crazy" or "I wish I'd thought of that".

So, what have you seen that stopped you in your tracks, and perhaps made you think that you were seeing things?

Here's one to get the ball rolling. In 1999, a devastating fire swept through the Mont Blanc Tunnel, which connects France and Italy. Thirty-nine people died in the fire which burned out of control for two days, and closed the tunnel for several months. Here is one of the results of that fire, a fire-truck which is specially designed for operation in tunnels. It is capable of 120 mph in either direction, and can move in some pretty interesting ways, including diagonally, due to it's four wheel steering.

image-3978692334.jpg

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Great idea. There, now how about some others of a similar vein.

Years ago, when drag racing was at it's height, I suggested racing Haulage Tractor Units. My idea was laughed at, oh they are too big and heavy with the wrong gearing for racing or drama. Well, truck racing is now a sport.....

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Most reactions

Latest posts