The iPad is just too heavy! :(

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Fardog, Sep 11, 2010.

1. built

built
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Wimp.

Heavy???

At 21-22 ounces??? Seriously, dude. How do you get through life?

2. built

built
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Lou and I work out at the same gym. Time passes. He looks good, but NOT like how he looked when he did the show. He appears to have some joint problems, but hey, everybody gets older. It certainly beats the alternative.

So even an older bodybuilder whose body has been through many injuries, I am sure, and all sorts of abuse, has no problem with the weight!

#42 built, Sep 13, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  3. irishone

irishone
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    It is heavy, that's why I have a case with a stand (I got it on Amazon for $7-cheap but works GREAT). I open the stand and it sits on my lap. I haven't held my IPad in my hands since I got it. It always stays in the case and is propped on my lap or propped on the table. I would get a cheap case and try that first. I am an avid reader and love reading on the IPad.

4. Wolfpuppies3

Wolfpuppies3
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I have mine because it is so incredibly light

and because I couldn't figure out how to get a kindle to play all my music, movies, send/receive my e-mail at 60 MPH, store my photos, surf the web and so on and on and on. It weights a lot less than many of my books do.

5. ipad987

ipad987
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I am looking forward to a tablet that's less than 500 grams in weight but capable of doing everything the iPad can do and more. Let's hope iPad 3 or something else will come along and meet those requirements.

But in truth, the iPad 1 is still fairly light, much lighter than many books out there. But still, I don't think the iPad will be a device you will want to read a book on at the bus stop because for that you want a much smaller screen like the Kindle that you can comfortably hold in one hand. The iPad is still a device that you will use when you are sitting or laying down because that's how it is most comfortable to use.