What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The icon for the internet has disappeared and I can not connect to the net. How do I fix this?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is not possible to delete the Safari app, so it's somewhere. There are a couple of possibilities.

I'm going to start by assuming you are on iOS 7 or 8. If you are on an earlier version of iOS the details will be different.

1) It has moved to another Home Screen or is in a folder. You can confirm that Safari is on your iPad by using Search. While on any Home Screen, swipe down in the middle of the screen. You should get a search bar at the top. Type in Safari. Look closely to see if it says it is in a folder, and the folder's name. it will be to the far right of the app's name.

Now, go find the folder.

If the app does not show up in the search results, go to Settings > General > Spotlight Search and make sure Applications is checked.

You can launch apps directly from the search results, which can be handy if you have a lot of apps and get tired of searching for them.

2) You've disabled Safari in Settings > General > Restrictions. Restrictions are protected by a passcode. You do not want to forget this passcode. It's very difficult to get around lost passcodes in iOS; as it should be.

OP
M

mmms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the safri icon. I don't have the triangular icon to choose the carrier. The ipad is 10.68

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you see in Settings - Wi-Fi? Do you have anything listed there? It should be enabled, then it'll look like this:
image.jpg

Airplane Mode should be disabled (above Wi-Fi in Settings).

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have the safri icon. I don't have the triangular icon to choose the carrier. The ipad is 10.68

Triangular icon to choose the carrier? Do you mean the Wi-Fi icon that Johanna has highlighted in her screen shot? Otherwise I'm at a loss for what icon you are talking about.

I have no idea what the number 10.68 means in relation to your iPad. That's neither a model number nor a software version.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In regards to the carrier, I believe the settings are in Settings ->Carrier. I know in Australia, at least, you don't get to "choose" a carrier, that is determined by which carrier provided your SIM card (in the cellular models).

Most reactions