THE HORROR! - Yocto Clock is gone!

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by giradman, Sep 20, 2015.

1. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Just a 'tongue in cheek' response related to the recent iOS 9 upgrade! ;)

From my iPad 2 days, I've been using Yocto Clock (arrow on my home screen shown below - even in the dock!) on our trips to turn off my music @ night and wake us up in the morning (loved the rooster - WHY - it worked!).

Now after upgrading to iOS 9, the app crashes - below a quote from the developer - YES, the regular 'clock app' works but is boring, and YES, I know that there are many 'other' clock/alarm apps, but I'll be a missing Yocto Clock - and will await its reappearance in the App Store - Dave :D

IMG_3967.PNG

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Yonk24

Yonk24
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    This app was the best alarm clock. I hope it gets fixed soon. I really like the shake to snooze feature and the nap function. Many sounds were available compared to others. I hope it comes back. I felt the same way once I upgraded.

3. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Slightly askew of the topic:

I'll be waking up (or not) to my Apple Watch tomorrow. We'll see how that experience goes.

The new alarm clock sleep mode looks kind of cool, but I haven't actually set an alarm until today.

4. diggee17

diggee17
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I'm a little more upset. About yocto clock not working in iOS 9. I have been dependent on that app for years to wake me up. I have several different alarms set for various events. I noticed it first when it didn't go off and I was late for work. I think I'll go out and buy a real physical alarm clock. I don't want to depend on an app only. It can cause a very expensive problem.

5. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    The built in Clock app works fine, and is reasonably reliable. There were a couple of incidents involving daylight savings time a few years back, but nothing recently.

However, if getting up on time is that crucial, then I wouldn't depend on any one device. Pick the one you find effective, but least annoying, and set it about 5 minutes before a second impossible to ignore device. Make sure one of them doesn't depend on being plugged in.

6. Sirhc22

Sirhc22
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Well this just sucks, I also am very sadden to read this post. :(

This was my favorite alarm clock for years now & the only one i know i could rely on, plus i am going to miss the Dragons as my default when i forgot to set it up before falling asleep. Well i hope that he can get time sooner than later to fix it. because like all the other updates he has done , i would send him a donation for his efforts.

Plus I have been going mental looking for an alarm clock like Yocto Clock

7. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Well, I've been using the native clock app in iOS 9, both as an alarm and a timer - working fine so far; quoted below some notes from Yocto Clock Support - seems that the developer is 'beta testing' on iOS 9.1 which may be a while?

Agree w/ TP, i.e. if your job depends on being on time, make sure that you have a 'backup' strategy, such as the guy shown below in your yard - Dave :)

Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 4.28.02 PM.png