What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THE HORROR! - Yocto Clock is gone!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just a 'tongue in cheek' response related to the recent iOS 9 upgrade! ;)

From my iPad 2 days, I've been using Yocto Clock (arrow on my home screen shown below - even in the dock!) on our trips to turn off my music @ night and wake us up in the morning (loved the rooster - WHY - it worked!).

Now after upgrading to iOS 9, the app crashes - below a quote from the developer - YES, the regular 'clock app' works but is boring, and YES, I know that there are many 'other' clock/alarm apps, but I'll be a missing Yocto Clock - and will await its reappearance in the App Store - Dave :D

➤ NOTE 2: Yocto Clock has been removed from sale. It does not work on iOS 9 and I am not able to fix it at this time. I hope to release a new version at some point in the future.

IMG_3967.PNG

Yonk24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a 'tongue in cheek' response related to the recent iOS 9 upgrade! ;)

From my iPad 2 days, I've been using Yocto Clock (arrow on my home screen shown below - even in the dock!) on our trips to turn off my music @ night and wake us up in the morning (loved the rooster - WHY - it worked!).

Now after upgrading to iOS 9, the app crashes - below a quote from the developer - YES, the regular 'clock app' works but is boring, and YES, I know that there are many 'other' clock/alarm apps, but I'll be a missing Yocto Clock - and will await its reappearance in the App Store - Dave :D

View attachment 67688
This app was the best alarm clock. I hope it gets fixed soon. I really like the shake to snooze feature and the nap function. Many sounds were available compared to others. I hope it comes back. I felt the same way once I upgraded.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Slightly askew of the topic:

I'll be waking up (or not) to my Apple Watch tomorrow. We'll see how that experience goes.

The new alarm clock sleep mode looks kind of cool, but I haven't actually set an alarm until today.

diggee17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a little more upset. About yocto clock not working in iOS 9. I have been dependent on that app for years to wake me up. I have several different alarms set for various events. I noticed it first when it didn't go off and I was late for work. I think I'll go out and buy a real physical alarm clock. I don't want to depend on an app only. It can cause a very expensive problem.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The built in Clock app works fine, and is reasonably reliable. There were a couple of incidents involving daylight savings time a few years back, but nothing recently.

However, if getting up on time is that crucial, then I wouldn't depend on any one device. Pick the one you find effective, but least annoying, and set it about 5 minutes before a second impossible to ignore device. Make sure one of them doesn't depend on being plugged in.

Sirhc22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well this just sucks, I also am very sadden to read this post. :(

This was my favorite alarm clock for years now & the only one i know i could rely on, plus i am going to miss the Dragons as my default when i forgot to set it up before falling asleep. Well i hope that he can get time sooner than later to fix it. because like all the other updates he has done , i would send him a donation for his efforts.

Plus I have been going mental looking for an alarm clock like Yocto Clock

OP
giradman

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The built in Clock app works fine, and is reasonably reliable. There were a couple of incidents involving daylight savings time a few years back, but nothing recently.

However, if getting up on time is that crucial, then I wouldn't depend on any one device. Pick the one you find effective, but least annoying, and set it about 5 minutes before a second impossible to ignore device. Make sure one of them doesn't depend on being plugged in.

Well, I've been using the native clock app in iOS 9, both as an alarm and a timer - working fine so far; quoted below some notes from Yocto Clock Support - seems that the developer is 'beta testing' on iOS 9.1 which may be a while?

Agree w/ TP, i.e. if your job depends on being on time, make sure that you have a 'backup' strategy, such as the guy shown below in your yard - Dave :)

Update: An Apple engineer contacted me and asked that I test with IOS 9.1. My initial testing seems to confirm that this is fixed in 9.1. (Note: I have no idea when Apple will release iOS 9.1 to the public).
==========================================================

➤ NOTE 1: This site is a bit of a mess right now and needs updating. I'll be getting to that asap.

➤ NOTE 2: Yocto Clock has been removed from sale. It does not work on iOS 9 and I am not able to fix it at this time. I hope to release a new version at some point in the future.
Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 4.28.02 PM.png

Most reactions

Latest posts