What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The cost of iPad apps.

Krakrjaks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to the ipad. I am loving it but I was surprised how many free apps I have for my iPhone that won't work on my ipad. I mean they will work but they are small. I might as well use them on my iPhone. I don't mean to be a complainer but was a little surprised. Did anyone else notice this too?

OP
K

Krakrjaks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. That helps somewhat but it makes it blurry.

R.J. Sent from my iPad using iPF

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have apps that have not been optimized for the iPad screen. However some developers have made their programmers optimized. iPhone apps will run, but if not optimized, are pixilated. There are also iPad only apps. However, this is not new-this has been well known since before iPad was released. Some of my iPhone only apps are less pixilated than others.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
And a very few apps look just fine pixilated. Bejeweled plays and looks fine at 2X. I'v never seen a reason to upgrade it.

JohnMorris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to the ipad. I am loving it but I was surprised how many free apps I have for my iPhone that won't work on my ipad. I mean they will work but they are small. I might as well use them on my iPhone. I don't mean to be a complainer but was a little surprised. Did anyone else notice this too?

Hi,
It does depend upon the iPhone application. Some iPhone application is not compatible with iPad display. Therefore, it can’t display properly. It would be better for you to install iPad application on the iPad. The main reason is “Pixel†and screen width height.

OP
K

Krakrjaks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. I have always been one of those that didn't spend much money on apps but it looks like I will be spending a little money. Just got to figure out a way to get the wifi to work better now. Thanks again

R.J. Sent from my iPad using iPF

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And a very few apps look just fine pixilated. Bejeweled plays and looks fine at 2X. I'v never seen a reason to upgrade it.

Agreed. All of my iPhone games are fine. Example: I have Snood that has a version for both and see no reason to buy the iPad only version. The iPhone version displays quite nicely at 2X.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The only time I find the Iphone apps iffy is if they involve a lot of reading. I have Overdrive, Iphone app for borrowing books from the library and reading. The resolution of the 2x makes it not cimfortable to read, so I dl on PC and transfer to Ipad via Dropbox and open in Bluefire, an Ipad app for comfortable reading.

Diane

Most reactions

Latest posts