What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Target’s new iNotebook concept lets users write anywhere and see the writing on their

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
0_fukznu4r_1_610x457.jpg

There are plenty of applications available that one can use in order to capture human handwriting on the iPad. A special stylus is involved, of course, but truth be told, the pen turns out to be quite agonizing to use, especially if your aiming for some precision. And when there’s a problem in the tech world, there are quite a few who are always ready to jump right in and try to fix it.

This is the case for Targus, a company who happens to be present at the big boys show, meaning the CES this year. So what do you think they brought in for display? That’s right, a pen and a Bluetooth transmitter. What are they good for? Well capturing whatever you write on a random surface (yes, no special paper is needed) and displaying it immediately on the iPad screen. The device present at the CES is by far a finished product and right now it awaits the next phase. However, there’s a little demo video going around, so that costumers can get a better idea of what the device will look like, presumably.

The iPad will of course be running an app that will work in concert with the hardware. Users will get the option of editing the writing, of course. Thanks to infrared technology, the handwriting is captured and sent via Bluetooth. The option of storing the writing in the pen’s memory for later transmission is also available.

Thus, Targus joins the ranks of the companies trying to dictate the future. The gadget is perfect for students, let’s say, who take a lot of notes, but want to escape the burden of carrying around so much paper. The device will probably ship with an included iPad case somewhere around the middle of the year for a price of $150.

Source: cnet.com

Jenningsville

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Perfect... exactly what I want... gets over the problem I currently experience that attendees of many business meetings I run are simply not comfortable with me taking notes using anything other than pen and paper. Using this Targus technology will give me an immediate real time copy on the iPad while keeping the other participants comfortable.

City

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds and looks like a very neat creation. Thanks for posting!

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is awesome.
Can we get this in Canada? I'll look and let you know.

64GB 3G White iPad

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guess not. I thought you meant Target the store not Targus.

64GB 3G White iPad

Most reactions

Latest posts