What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sync'ing iCal and Calendars

iBozz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm puzzled!

I have an iMac running under OSX.6.8 with iCal v4.0.4 (1395.7) and an iPad [3] running under iOS 5.1.1 (9B206) and I want both calendar applications to stay in sync.

I sync via iTunes and not iCloud.

If I make an appointment in iCal, it appears on the iPad - fine. If I then amend that appointment, either in timing or even moving to to another day, on the iMac the amended appointment appears and yet the old appointment stays there, it is not "deleted".

Equally, when I make an appointment on the iPad, it does not get transferred across to the imac when the two devices are sync'd.

I am, no doubt, being myopically stupid here, but why do the two not stay in sync, presenting me with the "latest version" of my "combined" calendars?

Unless and until I can do that, the ipad version seems pretty well pointless!

Thanks in advance.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Probably because you are trying to sync an older OS and software with the very newest hardware and iOS version. I'm not sure your OS X vertion will even run the latest version of iTunes. Unfortunately it won't let you use iCloud either.

It may be possible for you to keep your caledars in sync using a GMail account instead. Both Calendar and the iPad should be able to sync with Google Calendars.

Edit: I double checked your OS X version, and you are not as far behind as I thought at first glance. I don't know why I thought it was.

I've never had good luck with syncing caledars and contacts through iTunes. I avoid it at all cost. If you can't use iCloud, my recomendation for Google stands as your best option.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts