What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sync to new pc

adwb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi my old h/d that i used to sync to has failed totally. What happens if if connect to the new hd/d and the new installed itunes?

all the old image folders and favorites ,every thing, is gone and I don't want to loose what is on the ipad by syncing to a new pc.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
adwb said:
hi my old h/d that i used to sync to has failed totally. What happens if if connect to the new hd/d and the new installed itunes?

all the old image folders and favorites ,every thing, is gone and I don't want to loose what is on the ipad by syncing to a new pc.

One of the options available when syncing your iPad to a PC is to transfer the contents of your iPad to the iTunes account on your PC. Select that option and you won't lose anything from your iPad. The transfer could take a while if you have a lot on your iPad, however.

OP
A

adwb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so books I have down loaded on to the iPad will go to the pc what about book marks that were synced with the old h/d can they be transferred to the new one? and finally what about the images that were transferred from the pc to the iPad , not the picture roll which I understand is images transferred from a camera or taken on the iPad. I need desperately to get the images that were synced with a file from the old h/d back on the new hd.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
adwb said:
Thank you so books I have down loaded on to the iPad will go to the pc what about book marks that were synced with the old h/d can they be transferred to the new one? and finally what about the images that were transferred from the pc to the iPad , not the picture roll which I understand is images transferred from a camera or taken on the iPad. I need desperately to get the images that were synced with a file from the old h/d back on the new hd.

Any photos currently on your iPad will be synced. Books and audiobooks will be synced. I don't know about bookmarks.

Most reactions

Latest posts