1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

sync to new pc

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by adwb, Sep 19, 2012.

1. adwb

adwb iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi my old h/d that i used to sync to has failed totally. What happens if if connect to the new hd/d and the new installed itunes?

all the old image folders and favorites ,every thing, is gone and I don't want to loose what is on the ipad by syncing to a new pc.
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,040 / 1
    One of the options available when syncing your iPad to a PC is to transfer the contents of your iPad to the iTunes account on your PC. Select that option and you won't lose anything from your iPad. The transfer could take a while if you have a lot on your iPad, however.
  3. adwb

adwb iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you so books I have down loaded on to the iPad will go to the pc what about book marks that were synced with the old h/d can they be transferred to the new one? and finally what about the images that were transferred from the pc to the iPad , not the picture roll which I understand is images transferred from a camera or taken on the iPad. I need desperately to get the images that were synced with a file from the old h/d back on the new hd.
  4. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,040 / 1
    Any photos currently on your iPad will be synced. Books and audiobooks will be synced. I don't know about bookmarks.