What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swiftkey keyboard for IOS.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just installed Swiftkey on my iPad Air, I was really excited to find it in the app store but now I'm disappointed to find i can't make it my default keyboard....Unless someone knows how....Anyone?

Phoenix1974

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From what I can gather, you can't make it your default keyboard. You can open the app to write notes but they stay within the SwiftKey app itself

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
From what I can gather, you can't make it your default keyboard. You can open the app to write notes but they stay within the SwiftKey app itself

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
Thats what i thought, Thats such a let down, Swiftkey is brilliant too.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Short of jailbreaking there is no way to modify or change the system keyboard. Even then you would have to use a jailbreak keyboard app/tweak; not an app from the App Store.

Zugzwang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
That is one thing where apple pisses me off. You don't want to allow third party keyboards? Fine. Then update yours to have the features every other keyboard, including googles default one, has. I hate key by key typing, I want swipe style typing!

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That is one thing where apple pisses me off. You don't want to allow third party keyboards? Fine. Then update yours to have the features every other keyboard, including googles default one, has. I hate key by key typing, I want swipe style typing!

Gotta agree here. There is no reason they should block a keyboard change. It doesn't mess with their walled garden or whatever they call it. And their own keyboard always seems to lack something I wish it had. Blah! :(

Most reactions