1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

support for special needs?

Discussion in 'iPad for Business and Education' started by tomarket, Mar 30, 2012.

1. tomarket

tomarket iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I am looking for apps web sites to help my child who is non-verbal - I found a couple of Apps I really like but want to see if anyone had some further recommendations?
  2. gabey8

gabey8 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The first AAC app I saw was MyVoice. I don't know many others, though, as my focus has been largely on finding text-to-speech apps.
  3. gabey8

gabey8 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I saw this article about an AAC patent dispute, and immediately thought of this thread. the maker of a specialized tablet (costing ten times what an iPad costs) is filing suit against the creators of an AAC app. I hope the suit fails.

But also, the article names the app, so it might be worthwhile to check the App Store for it.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/04/03/software_patent_disabled_children_ipad/