What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

streaming video to ipad?

Eleain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]hi guys had my iPad for a while now and have near enough used all the 16gb with music, movies etc. i was wondering is there a way i can stream movies to my iPad instead of converting them everytime and then sending them over via itunes? im all new to apple so have no idea. Thanks in advance. [/FONT]

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want to stream movies from a commercial website - it depends what country you are in. For example, in the US there's Netflix. In the UK, there's the BBC iPlayer, 4oD etc.

If you want to stream DVDs that you already have, the easiest way is to play them on your PC or Mac and use a remote desktop access program on the iPad, such as Splashtop, to watch them remotely.

Tim

westcoastgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would putting a movie into MobileMe Gallery (and next year iCloud) not serve the purpose of storing one's own movies online and streaming as needed? Got to watch bandwidth/data volume if on 3G, of course.

ea/

garanth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your movies are on a pc / mac you can use the AIRVIDEO app (free). It works really well.

silvertemplar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want to stream from a pc, try something like tversity . It is actually the same app used to stream stuff to your xbox and ps3. On the ipad you basically use safari to get to the tversity library being streamed on your pc and press play. So no app on your ipad needed.

Vlc also has the same thing, you will find the vlc streamer app in the appstore.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Loria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your movies are on a pc / mac you can use the AIRVIDEO app (free). It works really well.
The free trial version of Air Video is OK, but the limits of the trial version are the number of displayed items in each folder, take a shot at Streamtome, or air playit.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Most reactions

Latest posts