What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stream From Droid X to IPad 2

Brianh2184

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I have a droid x which has media share etc I now have An iPad 2 . Can I stream movies from my droid x to the iPad 2? I downloaded AirPlay don't see how I can do it downloaded twonky from DX still confused lol.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to figure that out myself. I have a rooted DroidX (keep it on me at all times to use for the many things the iPad is incapable of doing until we get a jb)

Air Play works super to live stream from my home PC to the ipad2 and I can stream from my Slingbox and Vulkano setups to anywhere the ipad2 has an active Internet connection (almost anywhere when it's wirelessly tethered to the droid), but I'm still trying to figure out how to stream from the DroidX to the ipad2.

~John

OP
B

Brianh2184

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let me know if u get anywhere. I can use my DX as a media server to my ps3 I should be able to do it for IPad 2.

Sendbeer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i can't recommend any apps, but searching for dlna in the app store comes up with a few apps that may fit the bill.

Sendbeer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried 8player lite. Worked ok but the video kept buffering. Think that had to do with our slow wifi router though. Music playback was flawless. (tested streaming from DroidX)

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll give that a try tonight, I have a Netgear Gigabit router hooked to a blazing cable connection so I have plenty of speed.

~John

OP
B

Brianh2184

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the 8 player I'm stuck on URL what do input I'm if its over wifi.?

Reaction score
Brianh2184 said:
For the 8 player I'm stuck on URL what do input I'm if its over wifi.?

Usually you would have to use the other's device IP address as the URL.

On the iPad, you can find the IP address under Settings->WiFi->Click on the blue arrow of your wifi network, it will show your IP. For other devices, it may vary.

But you can always open your router and check there for connected devices.

Most reactions

Latest posts