What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spoof specific version of Firefox

jonesy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to be able to access a site from an iPad and have that site think I'm using Firefox 3.0.11. It has to be that version or else the site will absolutely not work. I've looked at Atomic, Mercury, Terra, iCab and other browsers in the app store and while they can spoof the user agent string for a variety of desktop browsers, Firefox 3.0.11 isn't one of them. Mercury can spoof 3.0.12 but unfortunately that isn't good enough. Does anyone know of a browser that allows entering any user agent string you want? I emailed the developers of Mercury but they didn't even bother to acknowledge my request.

Thanks,

Rob

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to be able to access a site from an iPad and have that site think I'm using Firefox 3.0.11. It has to be that version or else the site will absolutely not work. I've looked at Atomic, Mercury, Terra, iCab and other browsers in the app store and while they can spoof the user agent string for a variety of desktop browsers, Firefox 3.0.11 isn't one of them. Mercury can spoof 3.0.12 but unfortunately that isn't good enough. Does anyone know of a browser that allows entering any user agent string you want? I emailed the developers of Mercury but they didn't even bother to acknowledge my request.

Thanks,

Rob

Wow - that's incredibly specific. Might we ask why it needs to be that precise version? I just thought that, if we knew that, it might help us understand if there was another way forward, since you seem to have concluded that none of the browsers are currently able to spoof that user agent string.

Tim

OP
J

jonesy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Wow - that's incredibly specific. Might we ask why it needs to be that precise version? I just thought that, if we knew that, it might help us understand if there was another way forward, since you seem to have concluded that none of the browsers are currently able to spoof that user agent string.

Tim

The site runs a plug-in that access a remote database. The plug-in works with only Firefox 3.0.11, unfortunately. Easily done on the desktop because Mozilla has every version of Firefox available on their FTP site. The iPad is a different story.

Most reactions

Latest posts